Sling TV is one of the most widely-available streaming services for those looking to cut ties with cable TV, and it just increased the number of ways you use it to stream live TV.
Starting today, Sling TV is now available as an app on Samsung Smart TVs, and it’s the only service of its kind on the platform, as Hulu With Live TV has Samsung support in the Coming Soon section of its site.
Sling TV is already on Amazon Fire, Android devices and Android TVs, the Apple TV, Chromecast and Chromecast-enabled TVs, iOS devices, web browsers and Rokus. But this availability is a big deal for those who have yet to buy a streaming box, or those who have run out of HDMI ports and are tired of switching a cable between their game console and a dedicated streaming box.
Samsung Smart TVs that offer Sling TV include (but is not limited to) the following models:
UK6300, UK6250, UK6200, UK5600, UK5520, UK5510, UK5500, UK5300, UK4300, UKU630D, UKU6300, UKU6000, UKS9800, UKS9500, UKS9000, UKS8500, UKS8000, UKS7500, UKS7000, UKU66A0, UKU6510, UKU6500, UKU64A0, and UKU6400.
However, don’t despair if your model isn’t listed. We were also able to find and install Sling TV on our testing TV, a Samsung UN65KS9000F. Here’s how to get Sling TV on your Samsung Smart TV set.
1. Click the Home button on your remote.
2. Scroll to the right to select Apps.
3. Select the Search icon. You may see Sling TV under Most Popular or Video, so feel free to click on it there and skip to step 6.
4. Type “sling” using the on-screen keyboard.
5. Select the Sling TV from the search results.
6. Select Install.
7. Select Open.
8. Select Sign In or opt for the free trial, and fill in the following forms.
Congrats, you’ve got Sling TV installed on your Samsung Smart TV.
Credit: Henry T. Casey
See Also : Best Cheap 4K TVs (Under $500), Ranked from Best to Worst